3. FARMING OPERATIONS
Feeding twice a day:
- Morning: 9 - 10:00AM
- Aﬂernoon: 16 -17.00
Quantity of feed as below:
Fish weignt Feed dimension Protein Feed quantity/day
(Gr/pc) (mm) (%) (% ﬁsh weight)
20 - 100 2_4 40_30 5 - 4
100 - 200 4_0 30_20 4 - 3
200 - 500 6_8 26_22 3 - 2
>500 8_10 22 2 - 1.2
3.2 Water exchange :
- Do not change the water during the first 7 days after putting ﬁngerlings into the ponds. If it is necessary to change the water, when doing so you must use a sterilized chemical.
- When the pond water < 100 gr/pc, is changed once every 2 - 3 days, change just 30% of the water each time..
- When the water 100 - 200 gr/pc, is changed once every 1 - 2 days, change 50% water of the pond water each time.
- When the water > 200 gr/pc, is changed regularly, change just 50% of the pond water.
Note. Depending on the condition of each pond, the time to change the water can vary accordingly. When ﬁsh < l00gr/pc, change water it must also be sterilized.
4.3 Adding vitamins:
- Vitamin C: Mixed with feed, when fish are unwell (for the whole farming time)
- Elecamin: Periodically mixing with feed (Using for fish < 200 gr/pc)
- Vime – Glucan: Periodically mixing with feed (Using for fish < 500 gr/pc)
- Glusome 115: Periodically mixing with feed (Using for fish < 500 gr/pc)
- Prozyme: Mixing with feed after using antibiotics
- Sopherol: Mixing with feed after using antibiotics, periodically mixing with feed but stop using 2 months before harvesting.
4.4 Checking fish:
- Check the fish’s swimming ability, feeding and eating activities, on a daily basis. Carefully check dead fish to find out why they died and see what treatment is suitable.
- Every 10 – 15 days, check the weight of the fish. When checking the weight of 10 – 20 pieces, use medium-sized fish.
4.5 Preventive treatment:
4.5.1 Water treatment:
- Check the fish’s swimming ability, feeding and eating ability daily. Carefully check dead fish dead to find out why they died and what is s suitable treatment.
- With fish > 200 gr/pc, treat water once every 10 – 15 days
* Before treating water, spread zeolite to the pond ( 200 – 400 Kg/ha). One day after treating water, change the water and spread lime to the pond. During raining season, regularly add lime to the ponds.
4.5.2 Adding nutrition
- Fish < 100 gr/pc, regularly add vitamin C, Vime-Glucan, Vemevit 9, Elecamin. Four times a month (each time continuously 3 – 5 days).
- Fish 100 – 200 gr/pc, regularly add vitamin C, Vime-Glucan, Vemevit 9, Glusome, Elecamin. Three times a month (each time continuously 3 – 5 days).
- Fish 200 – 500 gr/pc, regularly add vitamin C, Vime-Glucan, Vemevit 9, Glusome 115, Senic-EH, and sorpherol. Twice a month (each time continuously 3 – 5 days).
- Prozyme, sorpherol is used after finish treating fish with antibiotics.
- 2 months before harvesting, add sorpherol, twice a month, each time continuously for 3 days.